Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Meet Babymouse

I did not have a chance to review all of the Babymouse titles by Jennifer L. Holm & Matthew Holm. I believe my library had the first one checked out. But I did read the subsequent four in the series:

Holm, Jennifer L & Matthew. 2005. Babymouse: Our Hero.
Holm, Jennifer L. & Matthew. 2006. Babymouse: Beach Babe.
Holm, Jennifer L. & Matthew. 2006. Babymouse: Rock Star.
Holm, Jennifer L. & Matthew. 2006 (2007). Babymouse: Heartbreaker.

Babymouse is a cute, imaginative heroine in the graphic novel series which began with Babymouse: Queen of the World. Even though I missed the first book, I've picked up on this mouse's nature: she has some fears; she has some dislikes; she is always imaginative; she is always opinationated. Some things she hates: lockers, dodge ball, and her nemesis Felicia Furrypaws. In OUR HERO, Babymouse must learn to conquer her fear of gym class--more specifically dodge ball--luckily she has the help of her best friend, Wilson. In BEACH BABE, Babymouse faces the last day of school and the dreaded task of cleaning out her locker. (BTW, I know how she feels.) I suppose the realfocus of Beach Babe is on her vacation at the beach with her family where she has to learn to get along (and play with) her little brother, Squeak. In ROCK STAR, Babymouse faces the challenge of a band concert. Last year she was last chair (or perhaps next to last chair). She doesn't want to be the squeakiest flute player. Can practice really make her better? In HEARTBREAKER, Babymouse faces the sentimental holiday of Valentine's Day. Will she get asked to the dance? Will anyone want to be her Valentine? Does anyone like her like her?

http://www.randomhouse.com/kids/babymouse/
http://www.randomhouse.com/kids/babymouse/homepage.htm
Interview with Matthew Holm

3 comments:

Erin said...

I adore these books!

Becky said...

Erin:
I think I picked up Babymouse because I saw it on your blog a while back. I'd never read a graphic novel before, but when I saw that there was one about a cute, girly mouse with attitude...how could I resist???

Becky

P.S. I love her daydreams!

SAM said...

OH MY GOSH IT ITS BABYMOUSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HI I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YOUR BOOKS I READ THEN EVERYTIME AND I HAVE A BOOK FAIR AT MARGRET SCOTT ON MONDAY AND I THOUGHT IF YOU CAN COME???????
CAUSE I WANT TO KNOW ALOT ABOUT BABYMOUSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE PLEASE TRY TO MAKE AT LEAST PLEASE AND ILL TRY TO ASK MY MOM AND WHEN SHE GIVES MI THE MONEY IM GOING TO WAIST IT ON ALL YOUR BOOK AND I WONDER IF YOU GUYS ARE GOING TO MAKE MOREEEEE OF THE FABOLOUS AWESOMIEST FUNNYEST COOLEST BOOKSSSSSSSSSSSSS HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I CANT BELIEVE I MET YOU TODAY YOU ROCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK BECKY I HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD TIME BEING BABYMOUSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!