Friday, June 29, 2007

Playing Cupid

Lauren Holbrook is a twenty-something who is content with her life. She’s got a best friend, Brandon, who loves her in spite of her quirks. She has a fun job as a photographer. She has an addiction to chocolate and coffee that can’t be matched. She is happy living at home with her dad. Quite satisfied to leave all the love and romance to other people. Not that she’s not interested in watching romance. She can quote Pride and Prejudice and Emma and countless other movies almost verbatim. No, what Lauren is most interested in is matchmaking. She sees perfect couples right and left. She thinks she has quite a knack at playing Cupid. But as Lauren finds out, sometimes God has other ideas. And romance isn’t quite as predictable as it seems.

Read the rest of my review here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This sounds like an interesting book. I'm always looking for good YA books since that's the genre for which I write. Reading plenty of other YA material is a must these days for writers, because the format has changed over the years.

Having said that, I just posted a blog on http://www.ldsreaders.blogspot.com/about a wonderful bargain YA book I'm reading, which first came out in 1976.

I guess it's an indulgence since my reading time is so limited, but hey, indulging now and again is so good for the soul. :-)