Sunday, July 01, 2007

Reading Selections

By August 1, I will need to have a list of books to read for the "Something About Me" Challenge that is running through December 31, 2007. I could wait until the last minute. But I think I want to make at least a preliminary list.

Is Anne Shirley in my future???
Quite possibly, Anne of Green Gables appears in the lists of Trish, Dewey, Ennavic, Tiny Little Librarian; Anne of Windy Poplars appears in Raidergirl3. And Anne of the Island appears on my list. So Anne and I could rekindle our friendship.

To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
A tempting choice since it is already on my Book Awards Challenge list. It is on the list of: Janet and Stephanie.

Because of my great fondness for Sarah Miller I will be choosing at least one book from her list. I've already read and reviewed the Giver. But I could choose Zel by Donna Jo Napoli and/or All I Really Needed To Know about Life I Learned in Kindergarten by Robert Fulghum. I haven't read either of those.

I most likely will choose at least one book from Booklogged's List as well. Why? I have been wanting to read The Tale of Despereaux by Kate diCamillo for quite a while now. (Since reading her other books this past winter.) And Number the Stars I haven't read in years and years.

Call me crazy. Call me super crazy. But I have been having the oddest cravings. I'm actually contemplating choosing The Lord of the Rings from Rhinoa's list. I have read this book, but it's been four years.

Bookworm has made some excellent choices. And I will be adding Gone With the Wind to my list. Of course it's also nice that I have it on my Book Awards Challenge list.

Tiny Librarian (see above link) has chosen several books that tempt me. Bridget Jones' Diary which I've read at least once. Anne of Green Gables (as mentioned above). And this one looks very interesting: The Gallery of Regrettable Food by James Lileks.

Peter Pan by Athena looks tempting. I love, love, love that book.

And that's all at the moment. I've still got a little while to think about it and make a really smart list.

4 comments:

Faith said...

You'll enjoy The Gallery of Regrettable Food. I've not read the book, but have visited the website and gotten extremely grossed out.

Dewey said...

To Kill a Mockingbird is one of my all-time favorites, but I didn't put it on my list, because it doesn't really say anything about me personally. Except that I have good taste in books. ;)

soleil said...

i am having a hard time too! i have a preliminary list in my sidebar of all the books that really interested me. but it keeps growing. i will whittle it down eventually and then put the rest on my tbr list. however, it is my goal to read as many of them as humanly possible before the end of the year. i am so intrigued and excited by this challenge's concept!

Sarah Miller said...

Awww, you're sweet. I'll be eager to see what you pick from my list!