Saturday, October 20, 2007

Mid-Event Survey

1. What are you reading right now? Assuming that this blog survey isn't the 'right' answer. I'm halfway through two different books. I'm reading Angels of A Lower Flight by Susie Scott Krabacher. It's nonfiction, and I'm loving it so far. Lost In His Love by Lyn Cote is the second book I'm in the middle of. I'm not sure which one I'll actually choose to pursue. I'm coming back from a nice two hour break.

2. How many books have you read so far? I've reviewed four. But actually read three today.

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? I will probably try to finish Angels of a Lower Flight.

4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? No. Not really. Of course, it would have been easier on me to have the Readathon not on a weekend. I have way more time during the week to read. But it's been interesting trying to make Saturdays stand still for long periods of time.

5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? Yes. Lunch and supper. Both family get-togethers with the whole bunch--mom, dad, me, sis, and brother-in-law. One at Chickfila and the other at Cotton Patch Cafe.

6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? I love the mini-challenges. They're very fun. :)

7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? I can't think of any on the spot. Other than being able to stop and start time so there are more hours in the day. Or maybe like that old old tv show where you could pause everyone around you but then be unfroze yourself. So you could read and do whatever.

8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? I'm not sure. I'm happy so far with my progress. The kids books are a good idea I think.

9. Are you getting tired yet? Sleepy? Not really. I'll probably be up another three or four hours. But tired of reading books? Getting there. Definitely getting there.

10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? No. Not really.

4 comments:

Dewey said...

The kids' books really are a good idea. I had a few for myself, but of course I'm not even 1/3 through my first book yet, so I won't be using them.

Anonymous said...

Great answers... especially #7! I want to visit other participants and cheerleaders but that also takes time away from the reading. Still a lot of fun though :)

alisonwonderland said...

i had one commitment i had to fulfill this evening, but it would have been hard for me to keep focused with a couple of other events today. i'm glad it worked out to be an uncluttered day.

chrisa511 said...

I've been wanting to read Angels of a Lower Flight for awhile. It sounds like a wonderful book. Bookfool did a review of it a few months back and I've had it on my wishlist since then.