Monday, November 05, 2007

Another book to have fun with...

Just in time for the release of Spiderman 3, and just in time for Christmas....comes

The Amazing Spider-man Pop-up that is "Spider-man Tastic!"




Book Description
First in a series of four pop-tastic volumes: THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN! Follow Spidey as he makes his transformation from shy bookworm Peter Parker to friendly neighborhood web-slinger. Plus encounter his seven deadliest foes, including Doctor Octopus, the Green Goblin, and Sandman. Kazam!

All of the pop-ups are based on original Marvel comic book excerpts, which collectors will find especially appealing. Since first introduced in 1962 Spider-Man has become one of the most popular superheroes, eventually appearing on the big screen and breaking box office records.

I'm not an expert on comic books, but I know fun when I see it. This book is just fun and I think that many "kids" will enjoy it regardless of their age.




I don't know if you can tell much about this last page. But the cool thing about this one is that the pop-up image actually has perspective. If you look at it from one side you see Spider-man, and if you look at it from the other side, you've got Electro. And if you look at it in the middle--just regularly--you see the two locked in hand to hand combat.

The publisher of this one is Candlewick Press.

3 comments:

Paige Y. said...

Becky,

Is the content appropriate for a 6 year-old? I'd love to get it for my nephew but I want to make sure it's appropriate.

Paige

Becky said...

Paige, I'll try to let you know soon. I didn't actually *read* the comic part of the book. I just looked at the pop-ups and read parts of the pages.

Becky

Anonymous said...

That's just plain cool!