Saturday, April 05, 2008

Banned Books Completed


Banned Books Challenge. Hosted here. My goal was three books. I read the three books I set out to read, and was able to read three more of my alternates.

My books:

Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston
Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank

Alternates:
Chronicles of Narnia series
Little House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder
Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder
On the Banks of Plum Creek by Laura Ingalls Wilder
Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why were the Little House books banned? Negative stereotype of Native Americans?

Becky said...

Yes. See my review of Little House on the Prairie to jump into the at-times heated debate.