Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Clarification on the Celebrate the Author Challenge

This came up in the A Novel Challenge yahoo group, but I thought I'd post about it here as well. If you're signed up to participate, and you miss a month, I would encourage you to continue on with the challenge. I will allow (happily allow) you to play catch-up. So if it's June by you missed a month or two, then feel free to go back and celebrate those author birthdays now. If at any time you miss a month, you can play catch up whenever you have the time. But I don't allow you to read ahead of schedule. You can't "celebrate" author birthdays ahead of time. No celebrating August or December birthdays in July, for example. The goal is to have an author representing each of the twelve months.

© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

2 comments:

Dewey said...

Ha ha, I was already so presumptuous that when my March book didn't arrive until the last day of March, I just read it in April. :)

As long as I'm here, I'll ask my 42 challenge question. I watched the movie Fahrenheit 451, and now I've bought the book. Will the book count as one of the 42 items even if I already counted the movie?

Becky said...

Dewey, I think you were just reading my mind. I never intended for it to be rigid as long as a person didn't read ahead. Otherwise you'd have people finishing the challenge in January and February. :)

And as for the 42 challenge, the movie and book would have separate entries :)