Sunday, August 31, 2008

August Firsts

"Emmy was a good girl. At least she tried very hard to be good."

"The day I broke up with my boyfriend Evan was the day he wrote the song. You know, the song. I'm sure you've heard it. Maybe you danced to it at prom or sang it in your car on a Friday night when you were driving and feeling like you must be inhuman to be this happy, the windows down and nothing but air around you."

"Looking back, I would say everything in my life changed the summer I turned thirteen and my father turned into Elvis."

"This is a story of what happened to Wombat on Tuesday. I could tell you about Monday, but nothing happened on Monday. So Tuesday it is."

"The two people Ellie McKelvey hated most were Adolf Hitler and Victoria Gandeck. Hitler lived in Germany, but Victoria was just across the alley. And right now, Ellie hated Victoria more."

"Finally. He finally found the word he had been looking for. Camazotz."


© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: