Friday, August 08, 2008

Blogging with Blogger Blues

Good news--as most of you can see--is that my blog has "appeared" to work today. Hurray! I say appear because the behind-the-scenes is a different story altogether. While I'm thankful that visitors aren't welcomed (or should I say scared away) by an error code, I am still frustrated that I can't access my posts/edit posts page. If I hadn't changed blog templates yesterday, then I wouldn't be able to get to any of my posts to edit them. And I wouldn't be able remove duplicate postings (by saving them as drafts). You see Blogger is doing some crazy stuff. Like posting some posts two or three times in a row. OR for the fun of it removing posts and comments.

Because I can't get at my saved drafts, I am at times very frustrated. Of course, I can always go distract myself by reading a book or eating something tasty (like broccoli)...but sooner or later I always come back to this very frustrated place. I want my posts back, and I want them now. I haven't been able to function normally--blog-wise that is--since Wednesday night. I had hoped (and I admit it prayed) that the problem would have been fixed by now. Despite the fact that blogger doesn't have any (useful) contact information. Just a google group forum for everyone to commiserate together on how unresponsive Blogger is and how horrible it is to have these problems go seemingly unaddressed.

Another problem? It won't allow you to publish your posts in the future (like it should; like it has been.)

Edited to add: Yet another problem? I don't think (I'm almost sure) that my blog's feed is working. I don't think my posts are being picked up by feed readers--google reader, jacketflap, feedblitz, etc. So very frustrating!!!!!

© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

5 comments:

Carl V. Anderson said...

I am so sorry for the problems you've been having. I know all too well from this past week just what you are going through. I do hope all is back to normal for you soon. In the meantime my thoughts are with you.

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Yeah, I know what you mean. I requested a review of my blog (you know, so I wouldn't be classified as a spammer) back in June. They kept saying the review was coming, but they never did it. Now I'm off the review list so I had to go sign up again. I'm paranoid that I'm going to get locked out like so many others have lately.

unrelated to your post...

I posted an answer to your Weekly Geeks question for my review of Dracula - come by and check it out when you get a chance. :)

Andromeda Jazmon said...

I am sorry you are having all these problems. I can imagine how frustrating and disappointing it is. They better clear it up SOON!

Cheryl said...

Becky, that sounds so frustrating! I hope it clears up soon, so you can post freely without all that hassle.

And thanks so much for recommending those books for my bloggiversary; I'm looking forward to reading them.

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

I just found your blog! I've bookmarked it for future perusal...it looks to be right up my street!

Happy weekend from both of us!