Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Playlist for Jimmy's Stars

One of my favorite aspects of Jimmy's Stars was the richness of the culture. Rodman had a way of capturing the look, feel, and sound of the era. Here is a playlist I gathered. Some of the songs and/or artists are mentioned directly. Others are just from the same era in general. In fact, a few are probably of the depressing sort that our heroine would have avoided. I hope you enjoy!




For more on Mary Ann Rodman and her novel Jimmy's Stars, visit:
01 Charger, A Childhood of Dreams, A Christian Worldview of Fiction, A Mom Speaks, All About Children's Books, Becky's Book Reviews, Book Review Maniac, By the Book Reviews, Dolce Bellezza, Fireside Musings, Homeschool Buzz, Looking Glass Reviews, Maggie Reads, Maw Books, Small World Reads, The Friendly Book Nook, The Hidden Side of a Leaf

© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is too cool! Thanks for putting this together.

Marya Jansen-Gruber said...

What a terrific idea. One gets a real feel for an era by listening to the music of that time.

maggie moran said...

What a great idea, Becky! I found myself singing along as I read. ;D