Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Sunday Salon: Looking Back on Summer Goals

On June 9th, I posted on summer goals. It was a meme going round. I had three book related goals. And one personal goal.

  • 100 "2008" books by September 11, 2008


    66 / 100 books. 66% done!

  • 10 "2007 or 2006" books by September 11, 2008


    5 / 10 books. 50% done!


  • 10 "Christian" books by September 11, 2008


    7 / 10 books. 70% done!

I haven't quite met all my goals. At least not yet. I've got until September 11th. I'm not so sure on the last two, but I'm pushing onwards and upwards for the first. I feel this is my most important goal at this point. (To meet all three, I'd need 42 books. And I'm just not sure I have it in me.)

The personal goal had no measurable elements. It was to spend more time with friends and family. And I did get to spend some time. I tried to see my sister (and brother-in-law) quite a bit. But that was dependent on her schedule. (She's much more popular than I am.) Right now she's in busy bee stage. Buzzing around like crazy since school is about to start soon. She's a first grade teacher, and she's good at the bee thing. Believe me. And it's not too difficult to spend time with the parental units. I did spend time with Julie of course. Our Wednesday get togethers are the highlight (or one of the highlights) of my week. One *big* highlight this summer was getting to see my friend Cynda whom I met during my first semester in college about eleven or twelve years ago. She lives about an hour away (give or take) and she's got a new baby (well, new-to-me, he was born in February). So it was *fun* to meet with them. (I also met her husband for the first time.)



© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

5 comments:

Kim L said...

I would say that's maybe part of being a part of so many darn challenges! I don't know how you ever finish any of them :-)

Laurie said...

I tend to think I'm involved in too many challenges too, but all of mine are year-long, so I've still got breathing room. Good luck and enjoy the rest of the summer!

chrisa511 said...

I would say you're doing pretty good Becky! Much better than I am..sheesh...I haven't read that many books yet this whole year! You'll finish by your finish date I'm sure.

Andromeda Jazmon said...

You are doing great with your challenges! I need to go back and see what I've done. I can think of at least one I pretty much blew off...

Dewey said...

Will you have a final wrap-up post on the 11th? I was about to end mine, thinking it ended on the first, but now I see there are 11 more days! Just in case you missed it, here's the link to mine. http://dewsnip.blogspot.com/2008/06/exercise-log.html