Saturday, April 18, 2009

24 Hour Readathon: April 18th

This should *probably* contain an apology for the folks who subscribe by newsletter. After all, I'm scaring enough of my readers away with my "too many updates." I can only imagine that this will cause more folks to unsubscribe. But it's the 24 Hour Readathon. And I'll be posting throughout the day. Sometimes it might mean a review. But often it will just be an update about the challenge. Or maybe a contest or meme or two.

Hour One meme:

Where are you reading from today? my home

3 facts about me …

I'm sick. Had a horrible night. Will probably have to take naps through the day. But surely reading a few books couldn't be a bad thing, right?

How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours? Ten. But I'd be happy with two or three being completed.

Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)? I'd be happy just to make it halfway through the readathon with as bad as I'm feeling now.

If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, Any advice for people doing this for the first time? Not really...



These are the books in my pile:

My goal is to read a few of these. I'd be happy with two or three of these.


© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews
If you're reading this post on another site, or another feed, the content has been stolen.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too many updates? The more the merrier, surely?

Anyway, happy reading Becky! :) L.

Vasilly said...

Good luck, Becky!

chrisa511 said...

Have fun Becky! And I hope you're feeling better! I'm getting a late start :p

Melissa O. said...

Happy Read-A-Thon day! I'll be here cheering all you readers on. I look forward to all your updates!!

Good luck :-) You have a nice stack of books!

Ana S. said...

Good luck, Becky!!

Letter Garden said...

I found The Hourglass Door on Amazon. It sounds very good!! Thanks for posting this collage!

Eva said...

Love the collage Becky! :)

Maree said...

Love the cover montage.
Good luck! :)

Anonymous said...

You won't scare me off, Becky. Good luck with the read-a-thon!

Anonymous said...

Glad you're not too sick to participate! Happy reading!

Anonymous said...

Oh! I actually recognise a few of those covers! (Granted, none of them are books I've read, but that is completely beside the point.)

Have fun reading!

Kari said...

Good Luck today Becky! I sure hope that you get to feeling better! Love the cover collage! I know the saying goes "Don't judge a book by it's cover" but books with pretty covers always seem to grab my attention!

Gavin said...

Read a little, nap a little, hope you feel better!

Debi said...

Oh sweetie, I'm sorry you're feeling so lousy! I'm glad you're participating anyway...you know it wouldn't be the same without you!

Darcie said...

I hope you feel better!! I am looking forward to reading your reviews of the books you are reading! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh dear! I'm sorry you're ill - just take it easy, rest often and take what refreshment you can. L.

Natasha @ Maw Books said...

I hope you feel better Becky!

Bybee said...

What rotten luck to get sick this weekend! Feel better soon.

I like your book cover collage.

Becky said...

Take it easy today! It looks like you have a great list of books there to read. :) Best of luck!

Anamaria (bookstogether) said...

Too many updates? I aspire to update as frequently (and well) as you do. Looking forward to reading the results of your readathon!

Staci said...

Here's hoping that you feel better soon and enjoy your reading day!