Monday, April 20, 2009

Book Diving: The First Adventure


In the VERY first edition of Adventures in Book Diving, I have five books. (Show of hands to see how many think I will always have five books?!) Here they are:

A) Thirsty by M.T. Anderson (1997) (Paperback Reprint 2008) (Completed April 28thish)
B) The Opposite of Music by Janet Ruth Young (2007) (Completed April 29thish)
C) To Catch A Mermaid by Suzanne Selfors (2007)
D) Reincarnation by Suzanne Weyn (2008) (Abandoned April 27thish)
E) The Book of Time by Guillaume Prevost (2007) (Completed May 9thish)

A) In the spring, there are vampires in the wind.
B) Resting one hand on the corner mailbox, I balance different ways on my bike.
C) Boom Broom awoke to find his little sister, Mertyle, looking for spots.
D) The flickering campfire played across the full belly, wide hips, and torso of the faceless figure chiseled into the cave wall.
E) Samuel Faulkner's trouble with time started at 9:48 Saturday morning.

© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews
If you're reading this post on another site, or another feed, the content has been stolen.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of this new feature! I look forward to reviews and future installments.

Debi said...

Looks like a great first dive, Becky! I'm really interested to see what you think of The Book of Time. I've almost bought that in the past. And I don't think I've every heard anyone say a word about it. And though I have to admit I'm not really a vampire gal myself, I do like that first sentence of Thirsty. Have fun, Becky--hope they're all winners!

Vasilly said...

Thirsty's my pick. That first line is a killer.

Lenore Appelhans said...

I have Thirsty in my pile. It would be helpful to me if you could add publication dates as well. Just an idea!

VioletReads said...

The cover and first line of Thirsty definitely got my attention, but I'm totally curious about The Book of Time. And To Catch a Mermaid is a great title!

chrisa511 said...

Great Becky! I've been wanting to read Thirsty!! That one looks fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Of those "The Book of Time" is the one I'm most curious about; I liked the first sentence too - who doesn't have trouble with time (too little of it, usually), although I doubt his trouble is of that ordinary kind.:) L.

DesLily said...

The Book of Time is my choice too!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you've got your work cut out for you again! Winchester is willing to come back and help, if he can watch "Dancing With the Stars" and "What Not to Wear."

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

Somehow I missed Book Diving....

Hazra said...

The first line of Thirsty is a killer, but I am more interested in what you think about The Book of Time. By the way, do drop by my blog, Advance Booking, I have a little gift for you.

Nikki in Niagara said...

I'm not a fan of M.T. Anderson but "The Book of Time" sure looks interesting!

Melissa said...

To Catch a Mermaid. It was quite cute, in an odd sort of way. :)