Monday, April 13, 2009

Do you glue? Glue is new and improved!

I Love Glue!If you're a book lover, you might be interested in using Glue, a new (or newish) add-on for your browser. (Firefox is the preferred browser, though I've had a bit of luck using it with Flock.)

Glue is all about connections--connecting you with others. When you visit the sites you would normally visit anyway--Worldcat, NY Times, Guardian, Audible, Shelfari, Library Thing, Borders, Amazon, Wikipedia, Goodreads, Alibris, Powells, and Barnes & Noble, etc.,--you'll find that glue is there and waiting for you. You can mark books as your favorites. You can even share your thoughts on the book--keeping it short and sweet! (140 characters to be precise) But perhaps more importantly, you can see what others think about a particular book. You'll see if any of your friends like the book. You'll also see what other people thought about it. (You might discover someone who shares your tastes in books and make a new friend...or two...or three). Glue knows that a book is a book is a book. (It recognizes 32 bookish sites so far, and the list will only keep growing with time and your feedback!)

It's easy to use. I don't even have to think about it. I find myself going to bookish sites all day long, and glue is just along for the ride.

In the past week or so, Glue has added new features making it even better than before. Easier to make connections. You can now have conversations in Glue about books! How cool is that! And you can share your thoughts on books with twitter at the same time.


Glue 4.2 Overview from AdaptiveBlue on Vimeo.

© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews
If you're reading this post on another site, or another feed, the content has been stolen.

10 comments:

chrisa511 said...

I'm liking Glue a LOT so far :D You're right...it's just there waiting for you all the time. And I'm already making new friend on there.

Tricia said...

Thanks Becky. I've installed it and look forward to giving it a try!

Jonathan said...

Nice stuff - never heard of glue, but i'll check it out.

Molly said...

I am still trying to figure it all out - but I am sure it is a great tool once I know how to use it.

Unknown said...

Great post about Glue Becky, thanks! Since I work for AdaptiveBlue, I'd be happy to answer any of your questions about Glue. My email is laura.adaptiveblueATgmaiDOtcom

Jen said...

Do you think it works on chrome? Firefox has been really glitchy lately.

Yvette Kelly said...

Hey Becky
I am going to try this and this is also to let you know that I nominated for a Lovely Blog award
http://truecrimebookreviews.blogspot.com/2009/04/lovely-blog-award.html

Anonymous said...

Awesome post! I am loving the Glue bar. I so wish more book lovers would join too. ;)

Becky said...

Jen, it only works in Firefox. (Though if a browswer is built upon Firefox--like Flock is or was--then it may work. But Firefox is the only supported/official browser that it works with.) Laura did say they're working on an IE version. Maybe other versions will follow if there are enough people requesting it.

Ti said...

Thanks for posting this. I sort of knew what Glue was from hearing about it on Twitter but now it makes more sense to me.