Friday, May 01, 2009

Library Loot: Mayday Edition


This week's loot:

The Heroes of the Valley by Jonathan Stroud
Going To See the Elephant by Rodes Fishburne
The Little Book by Selden Edwards
Soul Enchilada by David Macinnis Gill
Marsbound by Joe Haldeman
Pop Apocalypse by Lee Konstantinou
A Forthcoming Wizard by Jody Lynn Nye

The intentional loot was one little book called The Heroes of the Valley. Soul Enchilda was a semi-intentional pick-up. I'd heard about it on a listserv back in the fall of last year, and so the title was familiar to me. So when I saw it, I grabbed it :) Marsbound I picked up because I was semi-familiar (two books) with the author. The rest were all unintentional and impulsive choices.


Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Eva and Alessandra that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries!


© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews
If you're reading this post on another site, or another feed, the content has been stolen.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

An interesting collection of books - some of those look quite promising.

DesLily said...

well i did like Heroes of the Valley but be aware: it is NOTHING like this Bartimaeus trilogy.. in that respect is a tad disappointing.

A Forthcomming Wizard is book 2 of her's did you read "the Unexpected Apprentice?"..

Becky said...

Deslily, I didn't notice until I got come--several hours after typing this loot post up--that it was a sequel. I feel that I always have this happen to me. I always end up checking out series books out of order. No, I haven't read the first book. And I'll wait on reading this one now.

Vasilly said...

I've never heard of any of the books, so I can't wait to see what you think of them. Happy reading.