Tuesday, June 23, 2009

What Should I Read Next?

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya by Nagaru Tanigawa
"The question of how long someone believed in Santa Claus is a worthless topic that would never come up in idle conversation. Having said that, if you're going to ask me how much of my childhood I spent believing in an old man in a red suit, I can confidently say that I never believed in him to begin with."

Born to Fly by Michael Ferrari
"Just 'cause I was a girl in 1941, don't think I was some sissy. Shoot, I saw stuff that would've made that bully Farley Peck pee right through his pants."

Tales of The Madman Underground by John Barnes
"I had developed this theory all summer: if I could be perfectly, ideally, totally normal for the first day of my senior year, which was today, then I could do it for the first week, which was only Wednesday through Friday. And if I could be normal for that first short week, I could do it for the next long week. After that I'd just have to repeat the have-a-normal-week process seven more times. I'd worked that out on a calendar."

A Kiss in Time by Alex Flinn
"If I hear one more syllable about spindles, I shall surely die!"

Which of these four books should I read next?

© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

17 comments:

Paige Y. 6:28 PM  

My vote is for A Kiss in Time but that's because I'd kill to have the book -- I have loved every one of the Alex Flinn books I've read, most especially Beastly.

emeraldfire 7:18 PM  

My vote is for A Kiss in Time because I love the cover.

Rivka,  8:00 PM  

Born to Fly!

Vasilly 8:29 PM  

Born to Fly sounds very promising.

Sandra 9:35 PM  

I can't resist a book with the word "melancholy" in the title. I don't know why. And I knew the first time someone mentioned Santa Claus that it wasn't true. I'd like to hear about Haruhi Suzumiya and what makes her tick, so I recommend the Tanigawa book.

Amanda 10:25 PM  

I would love to see your thoughts on Born to Fly. I didn't like Madman at all...

Julie J. 11:58 PM  

I vote for A Kiss In Time. I love the cover and I try really hard to not to judge that way, but I couldn't help this one!

Jemima 12:10 AM  

A Kiss in Time - The cover is pretty and from the snippet you quote seems good.

Kailana 6:48 AM  

A Kiss in Time. It was the first book that I noticed.

Tif 7:00 AM  

I vote for Born to Fly!

Also, I wanted to let you know that I've passed an award on to you (actually twice!!). Anyways, here's the post on my blog: http://tiftalksbooks.blogspot.com/2009/06/lemonade-award.html

Melissa 12:38 PM  

a-ha! I saw A Kiss in Time at B&N last week, but couldn't remember the title by the time I got home. Thanks. (It looked interesting...)

Inside A Book 3:11 PM  

A Kiss in Time - I like the first sentence!! I'd dive right in.....

What fun to have such choices. Enjoy!

Genevieve 8:38 AM  

I like Born to Fly.

Tomas 12:48 PM  

Get your hands on to Tomas - The new novel by James Palumbo. I visited their website and the book seems to be extraordinary. They have also released an animation on YouTube - Tomas - The Book

Pattie 5:45 PM  

Please read Born to Fly.

Anonymous,  12:17 PM  

I vote Born to Fly! The author grabs your attention.

Anonymous,  12:18 PM  

Please dive in to Born to Fly. The author captures your attention.

-Kat

Post a Comment

I'm always happy to hear from you! To help fight spam, comment moderation has been set up for posts older than two days. Feel free to ask me questions or ask for recommendations!

Unique Visitors and Google PR Rank

Free PageRank Checker

Pageloads Counter

The background is based on a background I found here...with some small adjustments on my part so it would work with the template.
Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

  © Blogger template Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP