Sunday, December 20, 2009

Fall into Reading Challenge Completed


Fall Into Reading 2009
September 22, 2009 - December 20 2009
Callapidder Days



The Tudor Rose: A Novel of Elizabeth of York by Margaret Campbell Barnes
Fourth Comings by Megan McCafferty
Perfect Fifths by Megan McCafferty
Girl in the Arena by Lise Haines
Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck (Crime)
Cranford by Elizabeth Gaskell
Riders of the Purple Sage by Zane Grey
Tomorrow When the War Began by John Marsden
The Dead of Night by John Marsden
A Killing Frost by John Marsden
A Thread of Grace by Mary Doria Russell
The Way We Live Now by Anthony Trollope
Willoughby's Return by Jane Odiwe
A Match for Mary Bennet by Eucharista Ward, OSF
Nation by Terry Pratchett
Let It Snow: Three Holiday Romances by John Green, Maureen Johnson, and Lauren Myracle.

  • Did you finish reading all the books on your fall reading list? If not, why not? No, I didn't finish every book on my list. But I had a long list. So I'm pleased with what I did accomplish.
  • Did you stick to your original goals or did you change your list as you went along? I did not change my list as I went along. So I read dozens and dozens of books that were not on the list this fall season.
  • What was your favorite book that you read this fall? Least favorite? Why? My most favorite would have to be Nation or The Way We Live Now. Though I love, love, loved Perfect Fifths as well. The truth is, I read a lot of great books this fall. My least favorite would have to be Willoughby's Return. It was a disappointing Austen sequel.
  • Did you discover a new author or genre this fall? Did you love them? Not love them? Several of these authors--probably four or five--were new-to-me. I enjoyed most of them. (Excluding Zane Grey). I'd have to say Terry Pratchett John Marsden were great discoveries.
  • Did you learn something new because of Fall Into Reading 2009 – something about reading, about yourself, or about a topic you read about? Not particularly.
  • What was your favorite thing about the challenge? The reading!


© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

6 comments:

Lisa notes... said...

You did a lot of reading! I ended up reading books not on my list, too. That happens. It was a fun fall reading.

Robin M said...

Wow! You read a lot of interesting books. Love your reviews - very well done. I'm going to have to check out a few. Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Great job, Becky. Sounds like you did a ton of reading!

Jovita @ Inky Impressions said...

I also enjoy reading your reviews, and I've added some from of your list to my read list... thanks :)

Nina said...

You did a good job with all of the books on your list! :)

Nise' said...

Fantastic fall reading. I'm still on the fence about reading The Girl In The Arena.