Sunday, December 20, 2009

Library Loot: Last Part of December(ish)


I honestly *don't* know how all these books fit into one canvas bag. (Into two and it would be easy.) It's a bit too early to call it a Christmas miracle. But, I was surprised and pleased all at the same time. What would be more surprising (and I think you'll agree) is if I read them all. By their due date. I don't think so either.

  • Ignatius Macfarland Frequenaut by Paul Feig
  • Food, Girls, and Other Things I Can't Have by Allen Zadoff
  • The Book of Samuel by Erik Raschke
  • Mirrorscape by Mike Wilks
  • The DoppelGanger: The First Escape by G.P. Taylor
  • The Blackstone Key by Rose Melikan
  • The Counterfeit Guest by Rose Melikan
  • The Christmas List by Richard Paul Evans
  • The Gift by Richard Paul Evans
  • The Clan of the Cave Bear by Jean M. Auel
  • Our Lady of the Night by Mayra Santos-Febres
  • The Island At The End of the World by Sam Taylor
  • Ice Land by Betsy Tobin
  • The Marriage Bureau for Rich People by Farahad Zama
  • The Death of Ivan Ilyich & Other Stories by Leo Tolstoy, with help by Richard Pevear and Larissa Volokhonsky

Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Eva and Marg that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries!


© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow! Great selection of books. If you can read all those by due date, I would bow down to your greatness..LOL!

I have The Christmas List too, from the library. Haven't got to it, and I think it's due Tuesday.

Probably wont get to it.

Have a great week.

Becky said...

I hope you have a great week, Melissa. And thanks for visiting!

I *don't* think I can read all those either :) I don't know why I try to do so much all at once. I don't even try to fight it anymore!

Henry Lawson Books said...

Some wonderful reviews, keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

Well, the more you pick up, the more you have to choose from, after all...

Should I be encouraging you? Probably not, but then, you know me... :) L.

Anastasia @ Here There Be Books said...

Oh, I have a hard enough time reading my library books by their due dates and my campus library lets me check a book out for 3 months! And the renewals are another month. And yet I still have a pile of 20+ books. I think it's just because I can't help but stockpile, so I intake as much as I, er, output? (Outtake? What's the word I want? Darn.)