Sunday, December 13, 2009

Sunday Salon: Reading, Read, To Read #50

Happy Sunday everyone! I'm feeling calmer this week! Which is always a good thing. I'm *beginning* to work on writing up some best-of-the-year/year-in-review posts. I am thinking of breaking it down into several smaller posts as to having an enormously long one. Have you started making your best of list yet? Is this something you look forward to doing once a year? If you do make a list, I'd love to read it.

What I read in a previous week, but reviewed this week:

Captain Nobody by Dean Pitchford. 2009. Penguin. 196 pages.
Dear Pen Pal by Heather Vogel Frederick. 2009. Simon & Schuster. 412 pages.
Dani Noir. Nova Ren Suma. 2009. Simon & Schuster. 266 pages.
Palace of Mirrors. Margaret Peterson Haddix. 2008. Simon & Schuster 304 pages.


What I read this past week and reviewed:

How Beautiful The Ordinary: Twelve Stories of Identity. Edited by Michael Cart. HarperCollins. 357 pages.
Genesis. Bernard Beckett. 2006/2009. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. 150 pages.
The Lonely Hearts Club. Elizabeth Eulberg. 2010. Scholastic. 304 pages.
The Small Adventure of Popeye and Elvis. Barbara O'Connor. 2009. FSG. 150 pages.

What I read this past week and haven't reviewed yet:

Operation Yes by Sara Lewis Holmes. 2009. Scholastic. 238 pages.
Horrid Henry's Christmas. Francesca Simon. 2006/2009. Sourcebooks. 112 pages.
The Last Invisible Boy. Evan Kuhlman. 2008. Simon & Schuster. 235 pages.
Peace, Locomotion. Jacqueline Woodson. 2009. Penguin. 136 pages.
Faith, Hope, and Ivy June. Phyllis Reynolds Naylor. 2009. Random House. 280 pages.
These Old Shades by Georgette Heyer. 1926/2009. Sourcebooks. 378 pages.

What I've read and really, really need to review:

The Kind of Friends We Used To Be. Frances O'Roark Dowell. 2009. Simon & Schuster. 234 pages.
Anything But Typical. Nora Raleigh Baskin. 2009. Simon & Schuster. 195 pages.
Counterfeit Son. Elaine Marie Alphin. 2000. Houghton Mifflin. 180 pages.

What I'm currently reading:

I'm in between books at the moment!

What I'm just fooling around that I'm reading:

none!

What I've abandoned:

none!

© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, if you've finished "These Old Shades" you might consider reading "Devil's Cub" - my favourite Georgette Heyer - I love it! and I'd love to see what you thought of it. :) (Also, I'm of course looking forward to your review of "These Old Shades" - but that goes without saying, doesn't it?) L.

pearl books said...

you got a wonderful collection of books. very interesting! I'm into books for a while now. and been looking for a good books to read. thanks for sharing some.