Sunday, December 20, 2009

Sunday Salon: Reading, Read, To Read #51

It's been a good week. A happy week. I've got a big stack of books that need to be reviewed. Of course, that stack is oh-so-much-smaller than the stack of books I still want to read before the year is up! I've also visited the library--so a library loot post is coming. But I checked out so very many books--that making the loot post is looking a bit intimidating! So you can just imagine the overwhelmingness that is to come of trying to decide to what to read first?!

What I read in a previous week, but reviewed this week:

Operation Yes by Sara Lewis Holmes. 2009. Scholastic. 238 pages.
Counterfeit Son. Elaine Marie Alphin. 2000. Houghton Mifflin. 180 pages.
The Last Invisible Boy. Evan Kuhlman. 2008. Simon & Schuster. 235 pages.
Peace, Locomotion. Jacqueline Woodson. 2009. Penguin. 136 pages.
Anything But Typical. Nora Raleigh Baskin. 2009. Simon & Schuster. 195 pages.
The Kind of Friends We Used To Be. Frances O'Roark Dowell. 2009. Simon & Schuster. 234 pages.
These Old Shades by Georgette Heyer. 1926/2009. Sourcebooks. 378 pages.

What I read this past week and reviewed: none

What I read this past week and haven't reviewed yet:

Calamity Jack. Shannon and Dean Hale. Illustrated by Nathan Hale. 2010. Bloomsbury. 144 pages (approx.) (Graphic Novel.)
The Extraordinary Mark Twain (According to Susy) by Barbara Kerley. 2010. Scholastic (Picture Book)
The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate by Jacqueline Kelly. 2009. Henry Holt. 352 pages.
Leaving the Bellweathers. Kristin Clark Venuti. 2009. Egmont USA. 244 pages.
The Mostly True Adventures of Homer P. Figg. Rodman Philbrick. 2009. Scholastic. 224 pages.
The Gift. Cecelia Ahern. 2009. HarperCollins. 304 pages.
Lucky Breaks. Susan Patron. 2009. Simon & Schuster. 180 pages.
Gone From These Woods. Donny Bailey Seagraves. Random House. 178 pages.

What I've read and really, really need to review:

Faith, Hope, and Ivy June. Phyllis Reynolds Naylor. 2009. Random House. 280 pages.
Horrid Henry's Christmas. Francesca Simon. 2006/2009. Sourcebooks. 112 pages.

What I'm currently reading:

Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
Devil's Cub by Georgette Heyer
The Fiddler's Gun by A.S. Peterson

What I'm just fooling around that I'm reading:

Brooklyn Nine by Alan Gratz. These are somewhat interconnected short stories about baseball. A family saga. A through the generations look at the game. Some stories have grabbed me. Others not so much. I'm a bit stuck in this one. But it's still by my bed!

What I've abandoned:

none this week!

© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: