Saturday, May 01, 2010

Library Loot: First Trip in May


I had less library loot posts in April, but I think I actually did better at getting the library books read. Nine books out of twenty, I think. And three I'm carrying over into May. Do you know what you're going to check out ahead of time? Or do you pick up books on impulse? Do you love to browse?

I picked up the Alcott and the Oates for a challenge. But the rest were more impulsive than planned.

New Loot:


The White Queen by Philippa Gregory


The Gravedigger's Daughter by Joyce Carol Oates


Mirror Mirror: A Book of Reversible Verse by Marilyn Singer


Borrowed Names: Poems About Laura Ingalls Wilder, Madam C.J. Walker, Marie Curie, and Their Daughters. Jeannine Atkins.


The Everafter War by Michael Buckley


The Vera Wright Trilogy: My Father's Moon, Cabin Fever, The Georges' Wife by Elizabeth Jolley


A Canticle for Leibowitz by Walter M. Miller, Jr.


The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams


The Diary of Pelly D by L.J. Adlington


Dear Husband by Joyce Carol Oates


Eight Cousins by Louisa May Alcott


The Poet Slave of Cuba by Margarita Engle


Collected Novels of Nathaniel Hawthorne


Hester The Missing Years by Paula Reed

Leftover Loot:


Is it Night or Day? by Fern Schumer


Copper Sun by Sharon Draper


Fire From the Rock by Sharon Draper

Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Eva and Marg that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries!

© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

6 comments:

Vasilly said...

I usually know what I'm going to pick up from the library in advance though I do browse and often come home with impulse books.

I just checked out Mirror Mirror yesterday. I can't wait to read it. I'm interested in reading your thought on The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and The Poet Slave of Cuba. I read both books last year and enjoyed them.

Happy reading.

Melanie said...

I used to do a lot of browsing, but lately I've just been putting things on hold and running in to pick them up quickly. I find too many books as is; I can't afford to discover many more once I'm there. The librarians already give me funny looks as they check out my gigantic stacks of books.

Charlotte said...

Oh, Eight Cousins is a favorite of mine! I hope you enjoy it, if you haven't read it before yourself.

Anonymous said...

Great loot! I love JCO books, hope you enjyo them. Happy reading! :)

Anonymous said...

I just returned The Gravedigger's Daughter earlier this week. I am a big fan of JCO, but I found this one to be lackluster. I'll be anxious to see what your take on it is.

beth said...

I usually have some books on the hold shelf, and then depending on the state of my library TBR pile I'll browse a little. Kid books especially tend to fall into my bag.

I really like Eight Cousins; that and Under the Lilacs are my favorite Alcotts.