Saturday, May 21, 2011

Meme: A Book Lover's Survey

I saw this one at My Friend Amy; she got it from Rachel Held Evans

Can you name…

1. A book you threw across the room in anger
2. A book in which you underlined nearly every sentence.
3. A book you were surprised to love.
4. A book you can’t wait to read.

1. Have I ever actually thrown a book across the room? No. But I certainly was angry enough to want to do things to Bumped. But it was a library book.
2. I do underline in *some* of the Christian nonfiction books I own--but as a rule, I usually mark passages I love with sticky notes. The last book I underlined in was Why One Way by John MacArthur. The last book I sticky-marked an absurd number of times was Some Buried Caesar by Rex Stout. I am just LOVING Nero Wolfe and Archie Goodwin. If you haven't read any of these mysteries, you should!
3. I don't know how many readers actually remember that I am allergic to westerns. But. After I read Dolce Bellezza's review of The Virginian, I felt compelled to give it a try myself. I mean she wrote, "It will definitely be in my top ten list for the year, and quite possibly for my life." And you know what? I LOVED it. Yes, it was really love.
4. As I Wake by Elizabeth Scott is one I'm looking forward to reading!

© 2011 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews


Bellezza 6:17 PM  

Oh, it makes me so happy that you loved The Virginian! Don't you wish he existed in real life? Westerns get a bad, corny name, but this original one from Wister, written in 1902, is certainly a diamond among the rough. So glad you tried it, and like it, Becky!

Post a Comment

I'm always happy to hear from you! To help fight spam, comment moderation has been set up for posts older than two days. Feel free to ask me questions or ask for recommendations!

Unique Visitors and Google PR Rank

Free PageRank Checker

Pageloads Counter

Search Book Blogs Search Engine

The background is based on a background I found here...with some small adjustments on my part so it would work with the template.
Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

  © Blogger template Newspaper III by 2008

Back to TOP