Saturday, May 07, 2011

One book, two book, three book, four...

I saw this meme over at Dolce Bellezza and thought I'd join in the fun! (I believe it originated at Stuck in a Book.)

The book(s) I'm currently reading: I rarely (if ever) just have one book going. These are the books I'm currently reading: The Pickwick Papers by Charles Dickens, The Silent Speaker by Rex Stout, Sons by Pearl S. Buck, and Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen.

The last book I finished: The Story of Britain from the Norman Conquest to the European Union by Patrick Dillon.
The next book I want to read: The Throne of Fire by Rick Riordan
The last book I bought: I bought Through Gates of Splendor by Elisabeth Elliot so I could do a buddy read with Annette.
The last book that was given to me: My Easter Bible this year was a single-column KJV Bible. When I saw that there was a KJV Bible out there that was a black letter, single column, and in a friendly font size, well, I *had* to have it!

© 2011 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews


Bellezza 3:32 PM  

The kids in my class are loving The Lightning Thief which I'm just finishing as a read aloud. Apparently this Throne book is taking away all kinds of praise from young readers; it's taking me awhile to get into it, but I do appreciate his knowledge of mythology and how it intrigues the kids.

I'm currently halfway through Northanger Abbey which I thought I'd love. Not so much. More on that later when I post about it.

I enjoyed reading your response to this, Becky.

Post a Comment

I'm always happy to hear from you! To help fight spam, comment moderation has been set up for posts older than two days. Feel free to ask me questions or ask for recommendations!

Unique Visitors and Google PR Rank

Free PageRank Checker

Pageloads Counter

Search Book Blogs Search Engine

The background is based on a background I found here...with some small adjustments on my part so it would work with the template.
Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

  © Blogger template Newspaper III by 2008

Back to TOP