Monday, July 25, 2011

Bookish Images Monday (Pierre-Auguste Renoir)

I've got two images for you this week. Both found using wikimedia commons. The picture on the left is "Gabrielle lisant" (1906). The picture on the right is "Liseuse à la Vénus (Gabrielle avec une sculpture)" (1913-1915).

A few of you may remember my old, old header--the mosaic of different women reading. If I'd found these images a few years ago, I would have LOVED to have them on the blog. I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the colors!


Bookish Images Monday is hosted by Cindy's Book Club.

© 2011 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

1 comments:

Cindy Swanson 8:22 PM  

I LOVE the pictures, Becky! Thanks so much for participating!

Incidentally, there's a blog on Tumblr titled "Women Reading" that is nothing but depictions of women reading.

Cindy @ Cindy's Book Club

Post a Comment

I'm always happy to hear from you! To help fight spam, comment moderation has been set up for posts older than two days. Feel free to ask me questions or ask for recommendations!

Unique Visitors and Google PR Rank

Free PageRank Checker

Pageloads Counter

The background is based on a background I found here...with some small adjustments on my part so it would work with the template.
Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

  © Blogger template Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP