Tuesday, October 25, 2011

What's On Your Nightstand (October)

What's On Your Nightstand is hosted by 5 Minutes for Books. Here's what I'm currently reading:

David Copperfield by Charles Dickens. Oliver Twist was such a satisfying read for me that I just HAD to read more Dickens right away. Though David Copperfield is a long book--a big commitment--it has been a good fit for me so far. I'm almost halfway through it!

Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. Do I really need a reason to reread Jane Eyre?! It's just such a comfortable book that I love and adore.

The Two Towers by J.R.R. Tolkien. I just finished The Fellowship of the Ring. And I am very eager to read the second book!!! This was always my favorite of the movies.

The Autobiography of Agatha Christie. I'm enjoying this one--for the most part. But it is SO VERY VERY long, and incredibly detailed. I think it's best perhaps to try to take this one slow--at its own pace.

© 2011 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

4 comments:

Pam (@iwriteinbooks) 6:42 PM  

Wow, serious classics, there!

JaneGS 9:01 PM  

Interesting to read DC and JE at the same time as aspects of their childhood experiences are similar--I love both of these so much. Among the novels I read early and often. Enjoy!

Charlie Pulsipher 2:42 AM  

This in an interesting mix. Dicken and Tolkien at the same time actually sounds fun.

renee alberts 8:17 PM  

If I had read this Book Review for Jane Eyre when I was in highschool, I wouldn't have reached for the cliff notes. I can't wait to read it now.

Post a Comment

I'm always happy to hear from you! To help fight spam, comment moderation has been set up for posts older than two days. Feel free to ask me questions or ask for recommendations!

Unique Visitors and Google PR Rank

Free PageRank Checker

Pageloads Counter

Search Book Blogs Search Engine

The background is based on a background I found here...with some small adjustments on my part so it would work with the template.
Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

  © Blogger template Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP