Thursday, December 22, 2011

2011 Challenges Completed: Fall Into Reading

My goal was to read six to eight books.

The original list:

The Sunne in Splendour by Sharon Kay Penman.
The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan. 
Frankenstein by Mary Shelley.
And Be A Villain by Rex Stout.
Murder Must Advertise by Dorothy Sayers.
The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins
Wonderland Creek by Lynn Austin.
Agatha Christie: An Autobiography.
Claudius the God by Robert Graves.

What I actually read:

The Son of Neptune (Heroes of Olympus #2). Rick Riordan
The Sunne in Splendour: "A fascinating portrait of the controversial King Richard III--a monarch betrayed in life by his allies and betrayed in death by history." by Sharon Kay Penman.
Murder Must Advertise. Dorothy L. Sayers.
The Woman in White. Wilkie Collins. 
Wonderland Creek. Lynn Austin.
Frankenstein. Mary Shelley.
The Nine Tailors. Dorothy L. Sayers. 
Busman's Holiday by Dorothy L. Sayers
Hercule Poirot's Christmas. Agatha Christie.  
Doomsday Book. Connie Willis.

The Fellowship of the Ring. J.R.R. Tolkien.
The Two Towers. J.R.R. Tolkien.
The Return of the King. J.R.R. Tolkien.


My thoughts: I didn't exactly stick with my list. (Six are from the original list; seven are not). But I am pleased with what I was able to read. Some of these books were just wonderful like Woman in White and Sunne in Splendour! And it was so WONDERFUL to finish the Lord Peter Wimsey series by Dorothy Sayers!!!! That was a big goal of mine. And I've been meaning to read The Lord of the Rings since 2007-2008. So it was so satisfying to read those!!!! 


© 2011 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Ohhhhh you spent your time WELL!!!! I LOVE your list!

I just borrowed a copy of Wonderland Creek and I'm looking forward to reading it soon because I've heard such wonderful things about it. (I also like Austen every now and again.)

I just read The Woman in White this year and LOVED it. I'm ashamed to say, however, that I've not yet read Frankenstein which is apparently a very bad thing and I ought to do it. We shall see.

Shonya said...

It's always good to read LOTR! :) I had Woman in White on my list and got intimidated by its length--you're almost convincing me to put it on my 2012 list! :)

And I'm looking forward to sharing Frankenstein with my teens next semester--yay! :)

Katrina said...

Nice job! And how wonderful that you got to complete some long-standing goals! Looks like a good fall in the reading department!