Thursday, December 15, 2011

2012 Challenges: Chunkster Challenge

I am signing up for the 2012 Chunkster Reading Challenge. This challenge has always been one of my favorites because I love reading LONG books.

This year there is also a Chunky Book Club. Selections haven't been made yet--a poll is up now--so I haven't decided if I'll be reading these particular books or not with the group, but it could happen.

Mor-book-ly Obese



Chunksters with a minimum of 450 pages...

1 Becoming Queen Victoria: The Tragic Death of Princess Charlotte and the Unexpected Rise of Britain's Greatest Monarch. Kate Williams. 2010. Random House. 464 pages.  
2 North and South. Elizabeth Gaskell. 1855/1998. 454 pages.
3 The Great Influenza. The Story of the Deadliest Pandemic in History. John M. Barry. 2004. Penguin. 546 pages. 
4 The Worthing Saga. Orson Scott Card. 1990. Tor. 465 pages.
5 Jane Austen Made Me Do It. Edited By Laurel Ann Nattress. 2011. Random House. 464 pages. 

Chunksters longer than 750 pages...

6 Dombey and Son. Charles Dickens. 1846-1848. 880 pages.
7 11/22/63. Stephen King. 2011. Scribner. 864 pages. 
8

© 2011 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

2 comments:

Vasilly 4:27 PM  

Thanks for signing up again for the challenge!

Wendy 9:57 AM  

I hope at least ONE of the books that gets chosen for the book club will entice you!

Post a Comment

I'm always happy to hear from you! To help fight spam, comment moderation has been set up for posts older than two days. Feel free to ask me questions or ask for recommendations!

Unique Visitors and Google PR Rank

Free PageRank Checker

Pageloads Counter

The background is based on a background I found here...with some small adjustments on my part so it would work with the template.
Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

  © Blogger template Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP