Friday, December 16, 2011

2012 Challenges: TBR Pile Reading Challenge


This one is hosted by Roof Beam Reader. It's a strict challenge, I know. And one I failed to complete in 2011. But I think I'll choose more wisely this year, I hope. Twelve books must be read from the list of fourteen.

1. Babylon 5: Legions of Fire: The Long Night of Centauri Prime. Peter David.
2. Babylon 5: Legions of Fire: Armies of Light and Dark. Peter David.
3. Babylon 5: Legions of Fire: Out of the Darkness. Peter David.
4. All Clear. Connie Willis.
5. Champagne for One by Rex Stout
6. Lorna Doone. R.D. Blackmore. 1869. 658 pages.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.


The Long Night of Centauri Prime by Peter David
Armies of Light and Dark by Peter David
Out of the Darkness by Peter David

All Clear by Connie Willis

The Doorbell Rang by Rex Stout
Champagne for One by Rex Stout
Prisoner's Base by Rex Stout

Nicholas Nickleby by Charles Dickens
Can You Forgive Her? by Anthony Trollope
No Name by Wilkie Collins
Drood by Dan Simmons
Ruth by Elizabeth Gaskell
Shirley by Charlotte Bronte
Lorna Doone by R.D. Blackmore



© 2011 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

5 comments:

James Garcia Jr said...

Hello, Becky. How are you doing? I'm a follower of yours who hasn't followed much, but am endeouring to do a better job with that. I hope you are having a good holiday season. I just recently read Drood. I won't ruin anything for you, but simply say that I found it enjoyable...different, but enjoyable.
Take care.

-Jimmy

Carl V. Anderson said...

I've read some Willis short stories but have yet to get to her novels. I need to remedy that, especially after all the awards that Blackout/All Clear gathered this year.

Annette said...

Are you going to read Ruth? Oh....that was such a controversial book when it was first published. Ruth is a sad character.

Roof Beam Reader said...

Glad you're joining us again this year for the TBR Pile Challenge!

You've got a nice looking list, here. I plan to read Drood in 2012 as well (probably late in the year, after reading Dickens's Our Mutual Friend and Wilkie Collins's Woman in White).

I haven't read Nicholas Nickelby, but I'm a fan of Dickens in general.

Trollope, Bronte, and Gaskell all sound great, too.

Good luck!

kamagra said...

Lorna Doone is my favourite of all English novels, As an under-rated classic, this is one of the most complete books ever written.