Thursday, June 21, 2012

2012 Challenge Finished: Back To the Classics 2012

This 'classics' challenge is hosted at Sarah Reads Too Much. (Note to self: REMEMBER to share links to what I read. There'll be a place to link up for each category.)

There are nine categories:

19th century classic: David Copperfield by Charles Dickens

20th century classic: Alas, Babylon by Pat Frank

classic reread: North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell

classic play: Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare

classic mystery/horror/crime fiction: Secret Adversary by Agatha Christie

classic romance: Much Ado About Nothing by William Shakespeare

translated classic: We by Yevgeny Zamyatin.

award-winning classic: Earth Abides by George R. Stewart

classic set in a country I'll never visit: Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury
© 2012 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews


Annette 9:27 AM  

Are you reading David Copperfield now? I can't wait to hear what you think of it. It is my absolute favorite!

Becky 9:28 AM  

Annette, I read it in January and loved it!!!! I wouldn't say it took the place of Our Mutual Friend, but I certainly loved it!

Melissa (Avid Reader) 10:56 AM  

Well done! I still have 3 more to read to complete the challenge.

Sarah Reads Too Much 4:59 PM  


youbookmeallnightlong 8:16 PM  

I finally finished my own Back to the Classics challenge, so now I'm visiting everyone else's wrap-up posts. You have so many great books on your list! Love both of those Shakespeare plays, and North and South is one of my very favorite books!

Post a Comment

I'm always happy to hear from you! To help fight spam, comment moderation has been set up for posts older than two days. Feel free to ask me questions or ask for recommendations!

Unique Visitors and Google PR Rank

Free PageRank Checker

Pageloads Counter

Search Book Blogs Search Engine

The background is based on a background I found here...with some small adjustments on my part so it would work with the template.
Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

  © Blogger template Newspaper III by 2008

Back to TOP