Saturday, March 15, 2014

Week in Review: March 9-15

Pride and Prejudice. Jane Austen. 1813. 386 pages. [Source: Book I Bought] 
Heartbeat by Elizabeth Scott. 2014. Harlequin. 256 pages. [Source: Library]
True Colors. Natalie Kinsey-Warnock. 2012. Random House. 256 pages. [Source: Review copy]
The Testing. Joelle Charbonneau. 2013. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. 344 pages. [Source: Review Copy]
Scarlet. A.C. Gaughen. 2012. Walker. 292 pages. [Source: Library]
Rosie's Riveting Recipes: Cooking and Kitchen Tips from 1940s America. Daniela Turudich. 2003. Streamline Press. 288 pages. [Source: Library]
Strange Fire: The Danger of Offending The Holy Spirit with Counterfeit Worship. John MacArthur. 2013. Thomas Nelson. 333 pages. [Source: Review copy]
52 Words Every Christian Should Know. Kendell Easley. 2010. B&H. 124 pages. [Source: Bought]
The Rhyme Bible Storybook for Toddlers. L.J. Sattgast. Illustrated by Laurence Cleyet-Merle. 2014. Zonderkidz. 40 pages. [Source: Review copy]
Now That I'm A Christian: What It Means to Follow Jesus. C. Michael Patton. 2014. Crossway. 176 pages. [Source: Review copy]

This week's favorite:

Pride and Prejudice may not be my favorite Jane Austen novel, it is still my favorite read of the week. For the record, I do like Elizabeth Scott's Heartbeat a good deal, especially Caleb. And True Colors is a very good coming-of-age novel. But there is something about Pride and Prejudice that keeps me coming back!

© 2014 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

3 comments:

Juli Rahel 11:19 AM  

God, how do you manage to get this much reading done? I mean, wow! I just can't seem to find the time to finish all the books I start. There is something timeless about Pride & Prejudice that I just can't help but love :)
Hope you have a great weekend!
Juli @ Universe in Words

Becca Lostinbooks 1:04 PM  

You are like a speed reader! I'm totally jealous. :) P&P is one of my fave novels. Which is your favorite Austen novel?

Becky 1:09 PM  

Thanks for visiting, Juli! I agree that P&P is timeless!

Becca, my favorite Austen novel is Persuasion.

Post a Comment

I'm always happy to hear from you! To help fight spam, comment moderation has been set up for posts older than two days. Feel free to ask me questions or ask for recommendations!

Unique Visitors and Google PR Rank

Free PageRank Checker

Pageloads Counter

Search Book Blogs Search Engine

The background is based on a background I found here...with some small adjustments on my part so it would work with the template.
Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

  © Blogger template Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP