Friday, August 29, 2014

2014 Reading Challenges: RIP IX

Host: Stainless Steel Droppings, (sign up) (reviews)
Title: RIP (Readers Imbibing Peril) IX
Duration: September and October
# of Books: at least 4, peril the first --

Mystery.
Suspense.
Thriller.
Dark Fantasy.
Gothic.
Horror.
Supernatural.

What I Read:
  1. The Attenbury Emeralds. Jill Paton Walsh. 2010/2011. St. Martin's Press. 352 pages. [Source: Library] 
  2. The Late Scholar. Jill Paton Walsh. 2014. St. Martin's Press. 368 pages. [Source: Library]
  3. My Cousin Rachel. Daphne du Maurier. 1951. 374 pages. [Source: Library]
  4. Death of a Schoolgirl (Jane Eyre Chronicles #1) Joanna Campbell Slan. 2012. Berkley Trade. 340 pages. [Source: Library]
  5. The Lost. Sarah Beth Durst. 2014. Harlequin. 352 pages. [Source: Library] 
  6. The Twilight of Lake Woebegotten. Harrison Geillor. 2011. Night Shade Books. 320 pages. [Source: Review copy]  
  7. Northanger Abbey. Jane Austen. 1817/1992. Everyman's Library. 288 pages. [Source: Book I Own] 
  8. Fahrenheit 451. Ray Bradbury. 1953/1991. Del Rey. 179 pages. [Source: Bought]
  9.  The Singing Sands. Josephine Tey. 1952. 224 pages. [Source: Bought]
  10. The Night Gardener. Jonathan Auxier. 2014. Abrams. 350 pages. [Source: Library] 
  11. Grave Mercy. Robin LaFevers. 2012. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. 560 pages. [Source: Review copy]
  12. The Eye of the World (Wheel of Time #1) Robert Jordan. 1990. Tor. 814 pages. [Source: Bought] 
  13. A Creature of Moonlight. Rebecca Hahn. 2014. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. 313 pages. [Source: Review copy] 
  14. The Only Thing To Fear. Caroline Tung Richmond. 2014. Scholastic. 288 pages. [Source: Review copy] 
  15. The Case of the Stolen Sixpence. Holly Webb. Illustrated by Marion Lindsay. 2014. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. 176 pages. [Source: Review copy]
  16. A Tale of Two Cities. Charles Dickens. 1854/2003. Bantam Classics. 382 pages. [Source: Bought]
     
What I Recommend:


I read one book in the spring that I'd definitely recommend to others joining this challenge. The Glass Casket by McCormick Templeman. 

What I Plan on Reading:

The Twilight of Lake Woebegotten
The Lost
The Attenbury Emeralds
The Late Scholar
Fahrenheit 451
Northanger Abbey
Death of a Schoolgirl
My Cousin Rachel

© 2014 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

5 comments:

Delia (Postcards from Asia) 3:35 AM  

Fahrenheit 451! I always get excited when I see people reading this. I hope you enjoy it.

DesLily 10:59 AM  

hey Becky! I had no doubt you'd be doing RIP! lol I will have to check out the Glass Casket!

Carl V. Anderson 10:19 PM  

I'll be looking that book up, Becky. Thanks! And thanks as always for being a faithful part of these events. It would not be a true experience without you being a part of it. Hope you've had a good Summer and have an even better Autumn.

Lu @ Regular Rumination 8:55 AM  

I love that you included a recommendation! Mine is definitely Save Yourself by Kelly Braffet. It's so so good.

Natalie~Coffee and a Book Chick 1:36 PM  

I hope you enjoy My Cousin Rachel. I listened to that on audio and loved Jonathan Pryce's narration, but I might have to eventually get back to it one day in the printed form. Have fun with the challenge!

Post a Comment

I'm always happy to hear from you! To help fight spam, comment moderation has been set up for posts older than two days. Feel free to ask me questions or ask for recommendations!

Unique Visitors and Google PR Rank

Free PageRank Checker

Pageloads Counter

Search Book Blogs Search Engine

The background is based on a background I found here...with some small adjustments on my part so it would work with the template.
Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

  © Blogger template Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP