Saturday, October 04, 2014

Week in Review: September 28 - October 4

From September:
The Singing Sands. Josephine Tey. 1952. 224 pages. [Source: Bought]
In Search of England. H.V. Morton. 1927/2007. Da Capo Press. 304 pages. [Source: Bought]
Goodnight, Mr. Tom. Michelle Magorian. 1981. HarperCollins. 320 pages. [Source: Library]
 
From October:
The Orphan and the Mouse. Martha Freeman. Illustrated by David McPhail. 2014. Holiday House. 220 pages. [Source: Library]
Thursdays with the Crown. (Castle Glower #3) Jessica Day George. 2014. Bloomsbury. 224 pages. [Source: Review copy]
All Clear. Connie Willis. 2010. Random House. 645 pages. [Source: Bought]
The Wall Around Your Heart: How Jesus Heals You When Others Hurt You. Mary DeMuth. 2013. Thomas Nelson. 256 pages. [Source: Bought]
Key Words of the Christian Life. Warren W. Wiersbe. 2002. Baker Books. 130 pages. [Source: Bought]

This week's favorite:

I choose Goodnight, Mr. Tom. I loved, loved, loved this one. This book is set during World War II in England. Need I say more? That would be enough to get my attention at least. I also loved, loved, loved the movie adaptation of this one!!!

© 2014 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for recommending this one--I went and found it and I loved it! The characters were great and it was interesting how the author had them deal with difficult situations. A great book that I probably wouldn't have found out about otherwise, so thanks again!