Thursday, November 26, 2015

Ten Things I'm Thankful To Have Discovered in 2015

Happy Thanksgiving! Today I thought I'd share a few things that I'm very thankful to have discovered this past year. I do wish I'd done a list in 2014. If I had, "LOST" would definitely be on it and near the top of the list. And also "Call the Midwife" and "Sherlock" and coconut oil and butternut squash. But I didn't. 
“I cannot find a cup of tea which is big enough or a book that is long enough.” ~ C.S. Lewis
Topping my list this year, it would have to be tea. So three items on my list are tea-related!
The Ginger tea *is* medicinal. But I do happen to love the way it tastes. I drink at least two cups of ginger tea daily. The other two teas are holiday flavors, but I want them to be year-round flavors.

The next grouping on my list would have to be fresh fruit. I "discovered" the joys of fresh fruit this past summer. My obsession started with apples, but, then progressed. Right now what I'm really, really missing is peaches. They haven't been available since October. But apples and grapes are a treat I enjoy daily.

Before I move away from food, I just want to mention how thankful I am to have discovered a gluten-free, egg-free noodle that I want to eat. It's not available at a store in my town unfortunately, but a town or two away has a Whole Foods Market which carries it. So I stock up when I can. What is great about it is that it is also corn-free. I have not had success finding a corn pasta that I want to swallow. If you have a favorite gluten-free pasta, I'd love to hear it.

2015 has definitely been the year of "the walk" for me. I started walking in the spring, and am now incredibly more active than in any previous year of my life. One trick is that I rarely if ever, sit down to watch TV. I walk instead. I definitely love my Skechers flip-flops with goga mat. It may not be flip-flop weather outside these days, but, in the house these are still getting a lot of use!!!

I've "discovered" at least two great shows this past year. But topping my list of things I've watched obsessively--in marathon--is Person of Interest. I spent most of the summer watching the first four seasons of the show. I adore this one!!!

The second show that I "discovered" this year is the television show When Calls The Heart. Now, I hated, absolutely hated, the movie. But the tv show? Well, that's a different story. I still haven't caught all of season two. But season one was great. Note: this is not a good show to walk to. Anytime Mountie Jack is on screen, I find myself stopping and just standing and watching. So, I often watched When Calls the Heart while enjoying a cup of tea!

Another new-to-me discovery was the EXTENDED editions of Lord of the Rings. While I had seen the theatre versions a good many times, I'd not watched the extended editions yet. And I love them. I love, love, love them. My summer was very Tolkien-oriented.

What are some of your favorite discoveries this year??? Do you have a favorite tea?

© 2015 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

2 comments:

Ms. Yingling said...

Flavored teas aren't my thing, but after a trip to Ireland a few years ago, I switched to Barry's tea. Very strong and great with lemon. Have you see House of Eliot? BBC, 1920s setting about sisters who start a fashion house. Very fun!

Carl V. Anderson said...

So glad to hear you discovered the Extended Editions of LOTR! I sooooo love those versions. In fact, the only time I've ever watched the theatrical versions is in the theater. I also love all the extras with those versions. So many hours of film-making/Tolkien-loving goodness.