Sunday, March 20, 2016

Reviving a Topic: Ask Me Questions!

Anyone remember weekly geeks?! I loved participating in weekly geeks. And though those days are gone, and they can't really be brought back, I thought I would try to revive one of my favorite 'weekly geeks' activity. The one where I ask YOU to ask me questions about books I'm currently getting ready to read and review. I'll share a list of books I'm hoping to post reviews of in April--some I'm currently reading, some I'm anticipating reading.

Ask me questions about these books, please!!! If this goes well, I might try to incorporate it more often.





I Am Malala by Malala Yousfzai


Eat Fat, Get Thin by Mark Hyman




Stuffed: An Insider's Look At Who's (really) Making America Fat and How the Food Industry Can Fix It. Hank Cardello. 

Death by Food Pyramid by Denise Minger.







Beatrix Potter and the Unfortunate Tale of a Borrowed Guinea Pig by Deborah Hopkinson


War Dogs: Churchill and Rufus by Kathryn Selbert





Counting Lions by Katie Cotton and illustrated by Stephen Walton



Persuasion by Jane Austen





Happy Little Family by Rebecca Caudill 




The Choosing by Rachelle Dekker.


Much Ado About Nothing. William Shakespeare.

If you do remember weekly geeks, what was YOUR favorite topic?! I'd love to know!



© 2016 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'm always happy to hear from you! To help fight spam, comment moderation has been set up for posts older than two days. Feel free to ask me questions or ask for recommendations!

Review Policy

I am interested in reviewing books and audio books. This blog focuses on books written for middle grade on up (essentially 10 to a 110). I review middle grade fiction and young adult fiction (aka tween and teen).

I also review adult books.

I read in a variety of genres including realistic fiction, historical fiction, mystery, romance, science fiction, fantasy, literary fiction, and chick lit. (I've read one western to date.)

I read a few poetry books, a few short story collections, a few graphic novels, a few nonfiction books.

I am especially fond of:

  • Regency romances (including Austen prequels/sequels)
  • Historical fiction set in the Tudor dynasty
  • Historical fiction and nonfiction set during World War II
  • Jewish fiction/nonfiction
  • dystopias
  • apocalyptic fiction
  • science fiction (especially if it involves time travel and alternate realities)
  • fantasy
  • multicultural books and international books

I am not a fan of:

  • sports books
  • horse books
  • dog books if the dog dies (same goes with most pets actually except maybe fish)
  • westerns (if it's a pioneer story with women and children, then maybe)
  • extremely violent books with blood, blood, and more blood

I am more interested in strong characters, well-written, fleshed-out, human characters. Plot is secondary to me in a way. I have to care about the characters in order to care about the plot. That being said, compelling storytelling is something that I love. I love to become absorbed in what I'm reading.

If you're interested in sending me a review copy of your book, I'm happy to hear from you. Email me at laney_po AT yahoo DOT com.

You should know several things before you contact me:

1) I do not guarantee a review of your book. I am just agreeing to consider it for review.
2) I give all books at least fifty pages.
3) I am not promising anyone (author or publisher) a positive review in exchange for a review copy. That's not how I work.
4) In all of my reviews I strive for honesty. My reviews are my opinions--so yes, they are subjective--you should know my blog will feature both negative and positive reviews.
5) I do not guarantee that I will get to your book immediately. I've got so many books I'm trying to read and review, I can't promise to get to any one book in a given time frame.
6) Emailing me every other week to see if I've read your book won't help me get to it any faster. Though if you want to email me to check and see if it arrived safely, then that's fine!

Authors, publishers. I am interested in interviewing authors and participating in blog tours. (All I ask is that I receive a review copy of the author's latest book beforehand so the interview will be productive. If the book is part of a series, I'd like to review the whole series.) Contact me if you're interested.

Unique Visitors and Google PR Rank

Free PageRank Checker

Pageloads Counter

Search Book Blogs Search Engine

The background is based on a background I found here...with some small adjustments on my part so it would work with the template.
Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

  © Blogger template Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP