Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Ten (Anticipated) Books on my Spring TBR List


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish
My first thought is JUST TEN?!?!

Much Ado About Nothing. William Shakespeare. A Reread. Of course. My most favorite Shakespeare comedy. I bought this edition at my local charity shop so it will count for my Charity Reading challenge. I do have a complete works of William Shakespeare, but, it's too heavy to be of practical use.


Persuasion. Jane Austen. A Reread. Of course. Definitely my favorite Austen by far! 

Anne of the Island. L.M. Montgomery. A Reread. Of course. I'm not sure I could have "a favorite" from the Anne series. Though Anne of Ingleside is probably my least favorite. All the other Anne books could be considered favorites. Usually whatever one I'm reading at the moment.

I Am Malala. Malala Yousafzai. Not A Reread. I've got this checked out from the library and I'm finding it quite compelling.

Eat Fat, Get Thin by Mark Hyman. Not a Reread. I'm on the wait list. Two people before me. I certainly hope to get to this one this spring!!!

Eat Dirt: Why Leaky Gut May Be The Root Cause of Your Health Problems and 5 Surprising Steps to Cure It by Josh Axe. Not a Reread. I think everyone--everywhere--should be aware of Leaky Gut. I'm hoping this one is readable and not incomprehensible. You never know with food and/or body and/or science books.


Richard the Third. Paul Murray Kendall. Not a Reread. This was my birthday gift to myself last year. 

Les Miserables (The Wretched) Victor Hugo. Translated by Christine Donougher. Another birthday gift to myself. I have not read it in this translation. But I have read it in two other translations.

Fellowship of the Ring. J.R.R. Tolkien. A Reread. I was extremely tempted just to write LORD OF THE RINGS. But I'm not sure I could realistically finish all three books while it is technically "spring." But I do plan on reading the whole trilogy this year.

Pursuit of Holiness. Jerry Bridges. Not a Reread. I'd love to read all the Bridges' titles I own. But I'd like to start with this one perhaps.

© 2016 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

1 comment:

Kailana said...

You and your rereads. I am so bad at rereading! Enjoy all your reads!