Friday, June 17, 2016

30 Days of Books #23

  I saw this at The Written World--a blog I've been following for most of the time I've been blogging--and I thought I'd join in the fun. I believe the most recent recurrence of this is from Jenni Elyse's blog.


Today's prompt: A book you wanted to read for a long time but still haven’t

 I think I have owned this book [Schindler's List] for about fifteen years. I think I've read the first seventy-to-hundred pages about six times. I never do finish it. Not because I don't *want* to finish it. But because I get distracted, tempted away by lighter, easier reads. And then when I come back to the book after being away two or three weeks. I'm like....I don't remember where I'm at and who all these people are....I guess I'll have to start over again. Do I want to start over again now? Usually the answer is NO, not now. My most recent attempt was in April.

© 2016 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

2 comments:

Kailana said...

I love the movie but I also have never read the book... One day...

Mike said...

In my humble opinion, don't bother. It's a work of fiction, with no basis in reality.