Thursday, June 02, 2016

30 Days of Books: Day 10

I saw this at The Written World--a blog I've been following for most of the time I've been blogging--and I thought I'd join in the fun. I believe the most recent recurrence of this is from Jenni Elyse's blog.

Today's prompt: Favorite classic

I think I'll go with North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell. North and South is one of my comfort reads.

Read North and South

  • If you're a fan of the BBC Drama starring Richard Armitage and Daniela Denby-Ashe (not to mention Brendan Coyle)
  • If you're a fan of Elizabeth Gaskell (Wives & Daughters; Cranford; etc.)
  • If you're a fan of Victorian literature 
  • If you're a fan of classics with strong romance and a bit of tragedy (this one is oh-so-bittersweet)
  • If you look for strong characterization and emotion


© 2016 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

1 comment:

Kailana said...

This sadly didn't work for me... Maybe one day I will try again!