Saturday, July 23, 2016

Singalong Saturdays (Drinking Songs)

Today's prompt: Favorite Drinking Songs

This meme is hosted by Bookish Things & More.

I thought I would connect this post in with my current George Strait Project. For those that haven't noticed, I am listening to George Strait's albums chronologically this July. I only have four albums left, which will either be one long post, or two smaller posts.

I thought I would choose one 'drinking song' from his first album, Strait Country (1981), and one 'drinking song' from his last album, Cold Beer Conversation (2015).

I could go with "Unwound" or "Blame It On Mexico." But I think I will go with the much lesser known gem of Friday Night Fever.




I have several options from Cold Beer Conversation: "Cold Beer Conversation," "Stop and Drink," "Wish You Well," or "Cheaper Than A Shrink." But I think I'll go with Goin' Goin' Gone.



© 2016 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: