Saturday, October 15, 2016

Last Day Cybils Recommendations

I can't provide recommendations in all categories. I just can't. Often all the books I've read and would nominate have already been nominated by this point. And there are other bloggers better qualified with last-minute recommendations. NOMINATION FORM. You have all day today!!! (October 15)

BUT. I can do plenty of recommendations in a few categories!

FICTION PICTURE BOOKS

Barnacle is Bored by Jonathan Fenske
My review
I appreciate the fact that this is a book that allows for a lot of expression in the reading. I think it's a great choice to share with little ones. They may just ask for it again and again and again and again. Especially if you add in some effects! I *always* add the song to much delight to my listeners :)

Eat, Sleep, Poop by Alexandra Penfold
My review
The text is simple enough, and the premise is straightforward. But the illustrations say a lot--just as much as the text itself. Each 'eat' 'sleep' and 'poop' shows the progression of growth in the baby's first year.

Louise and Andie the Art of Friendship by Kelly Light
My review
It is so important--no matter your age--that you learn how to resolve conflict! I love seeing this friendship endure the stress of a big argument.

NONFICTION Elementary

Fascinating the Life of Leonard Nimoy by Richard Michelson
My review
I thought it was very charming and well written. I did indeed find it fascinating. The author's note was great.

The Wildest Race Ever. Meghan McCarthy
My review
This nonfiction picture book tells the wild-but-true story of the first Olympic marathon. McCarthy introduces us to ten runners out of the thirty-two that started the race. This story has plenty of twists and turns. It's never dull! 



© 2016 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: