Thursday, December 01, 2016

Countdown to Christmas, days 1 & 2

So Kailana (The Written Word) and I are teaming up again...this time to celebrate CHRISTMAS. 25 days of answering questions! You are definitely welcome to join in on the fun!

When do you begin listening to Christmas music or watching Christmas movies?

As soon as it starts getting cooler. Definitely in the first week or two of November. I am not one of those who have to wait until after Thanksgiving. There are too many albums, too many movies to try to fit into just three or four weeks.

Is there an album or movie you like to listen to or watch first? 

Yes. The first album I listen to is BEHOLD THE LAMB OF GOD by Andrew Peterson. This is my "Silmarillion" album. It is such a great album I don't even think of it as HOLIDAY music. I could listen to it any day of any month. And I have. Trust me!

Because it isn't all Santa Claus is coming TOMORROW, it is one that warms you to the season at just the right pace.

As far as movies, I really love to watch Holiday Inn early on. It covers three Christmases and three New Years--plus the holidays in between. Plus it is one of my favorites, one that I'll gladly watch more than once a year.

© 2016 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

2 comments:

Kailana said...

I guess I should have done two in one for today, but done now. lol

Anonymous said...

I am not familiar with that album, so I will have to listen. I have enjoyed Amy Grant's Christmas album as my first 'go to' for years. Mary's Song is beautiful.