Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Share-a-Tea June Check-In

  • What are you currently reading for the challenge? 
  • Have you finished any books for this challenge this month?
  • Is there a book you're looking forward to starting next month?
  • Want to share any favorite quotes? It could be from your current read. It could be about reading. It could be about drinking tea. 
  • What teas have you enjoyed this month? 
  • Do you have a new favorite tea?
What are you currently reading for the challenge?

RSV Bible. 1977. Oxford University Press. 1904 pages. [Source: Gift]

The Wretched (Les Miserables) Victor Hugo. Translated by Christine Donougher. 1862/2013. 1456 pages. [Source: Bought]

 Have you finished any books for this challenge this month?
Is there a book you're looking forward to starting next month?

I just started the newest translation of Les Miserables. So I imagine between that and my current Bible, I'll stay busy!

Want to share any favorite quotes? It could be from your current read. It could be about reading. It could be about drinking tea.  
  • Under certain circumstances there are few hours in life more agreeable than the hour dedicated to the ceremony known as afternoon tea. ~ Henry James
  • Because a book can have words and pictures and paper and tigers, but a book still isn't a book, not really, until it has a reader. And then you came along, and you read this book through to the very last page, which was how this book was made. Mac Barnett
  • “Have you drunk your tea?” asked the son. “Yes, and enjoyed it.” “Shall I give you some more?” The old man considered, placidly. “Well, I guess I’ll wait and see.” He had, in speaking, the American tone. “Are you cold?” the son enquired. The father slowly rubbed his legs. “Well, I don’t know. I can’t tell till I feel.” “Perhaps some one might feel for you,” said the younger man, laughing. “Oh, I hope some one will always feel for me! Don’t you feel for me, Lord Warburton?” “Oh yes, immensely,” said the gentleman addressed as Lord Warburton, promptly. “I’m bound to say you look wonderfully comfortable.”
    “The fact is I’ve been comfortable so many years that I suppose I’ve got so used to it I don’t know it.” “Yes, that’s the bore of comfort,” said Lord Warburton. “We only know when we’re uncomfortable.”  ~ Henry James
  • There are as many points of view in the world as there are people of sense to take them.~ Henry James
  • We see our lives from our own point of view; that is the privilege of the weakest and humblest of us; Henry James
What teas have you enjoyed this month? Green Tea. White Tea. Earl Grey.



© 2016 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: