Saturday, July 22, 2017

How To Babysit a Grandpa

How to Babysit a Grandpa. Jean Reagan. Illustrated by Lee Wildish. 2012. 32 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: Babysitting a grandpa is fun--if you know how.

Premise/plot: A grandson shares all his personal how-to tips for babysitting his grandpa. Some of his tips include what to feed a Grandpa, what to play with Grandpa, how to entertain a Grandpa, how to get a Grandpa to take a nap, etc.

My thoughts: I liked it okay. I did. I have a feeling that there are millions of ways to babysit a Grandpa, and that each grandchild has their own unique way of doing so. This book is universal by no means. (Though hopefully LOVING to spend time with your Grandpa is universal.) I love, love, love the end papers of this picture book. I love the kid drawings.

Text: 3 out of 5
Illustrations: 4 out of 5
Total: 7 out of 10
© 2017 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

1 comment:

Barbara H. said...

I've seen this and the corresponding one for Grandma on Amazon but have been undecided about getting them.