Friday, July 21, 2017

How to Track a Truck

How to Track a Truck. Jason Carter Eaton. Illustrated by John Rocco. 2016. Candlewick Press. 32 pages. [Source: Review copy]

First sentence: If you want a pet truck--and who doesn't?--you've come to the right person! I've got two dump trucks and a fire engine myself. I think everyone should have one! And that's why I wrote this book. By the time you're done, you'll know everything you need in order to track, catch, and tame your very own pet truck.

Premise/plot: How To Track a Truck is a follow-up to How To Train a Train. This book is all about TRUCKS. The premise is that you--that everyone--really, really wants a truck for a pet. The story is wonderfully absurd. If you enjoyed the first book, then this one might be worth your time!

My thoughts: I liked it. I didn't LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it like How to Train a Train. But it is fun and crazy and unique. Here's one of my favorite parts:
Now the fun part: catching it. Wait until the truck notices you, and then lay down a trail of orange cones. Trucks can't help following orange cones.
Text: 4 out of 5
Illustrations: 3 out of 5
Total: 7 out of 10


© 2017 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: