Sunday, September 24, 2017

The Goat

The Goat. Anne Fleming. 2017. 120 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: Once there was a mountain goat who lived in New York City.

Premise/plot: A goat lives on the roof of a New York City apartment building. Only a few residents have spotted the goat--and its rumored that if you do see him, you'll have years of good luck. But most don't believe the rumors are true--about the goat being real or about the goat bringing luck. But one person definitely believes, a kid named KID. Kid teams up with her new friends to find out all she can about the goat.

My thoughts: I wanted to love this one. It sounded like it had a great premise. It seemed to promise a dozen or so super quirky characters. The potential for humor was definitely there. And it seemed to have potential for some heart as well: friends to be made, experiences to be gained. But. It remained an "almost" for me. I didn't dislike it. I just didn't love it. I thought it would be memorable and one-of-a-kind. I was slightly disappointed that it wasn't awesome.

© 2017 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

1 comment:

Kelly-Belly said...

I checked this one out from the library and never ended up reading it. I guess it's good to know it wasn't fabulous...lol!
Thanks for the review! :)