Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Baby Goes to Market

Baby Goes to Market. Atinuke. Illustrated by Angela Brooksbank. 2017. Candlewick. 32 pages. [Source: Review copy]

First sentence: Baby goes to market with Mama. Market is very crowded. Baby is very curious. Baby is so curious that Mrs. Ade, the banana seller, gives Baby six bananas. Baby is so surprised. Baby eats one banana...and puts five bananas in the basket. Mama does not notice. She is busy buying rice.

Premise/plot: Come along with Mama and Baby for a BUSY, BUSY day at the market. This one is set in Nigeria.

My thoughts: I really enjoyed this one. The Baby is ADORABLE. It was fun to follow his story to see what gift he'd receive next. He would always eat *some* and then put the rest into his mama's basket. I enjoyed the text. I did. But I really loved, loved, loved the illustrations.

Text: 4 out of 5
Illustrations: 5 out of 5
Total: 9 out of 10

© 2017 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: