
47. How a Bear Became a Book: The Collaboration That Created Winnie-The-Pooh. Annette Bay Pimentel. Illustrated by Faith Pray. 2026. 48 pages. [Source: Library] [5 stars, nonfiction, history, picture book]
First sentences: Would you like a story? WE can make one up! But stories are about things that happen, and things have to happen to someone. So we'll need a someone--a character. Any ideas? Because characters in stories begin with ideas.
Premise/plot: How a Bear Became a Book is a behind the scene glimpse at the creation process of Winnie the Pooh. It is a PROCESS. It isn't quick. It is slow. It isn't one person had an idea and POOF a book appears. It shows that writing is a process, that illustrating is a process, that publishing is a process. That everything worth doing takes WORK and MORE WORK and EVEN MORE WORK.
My thoughts: I love the Winnie the Pooh novels. I have never outgrown my love of the bear. I enjoyed reading this story. Is it thrilling and captivating every paragraph--maybe not--especially if you are young and have a short attention span. But I really enjoyed the showing of the process.
© 2026 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment
I'm always happy to hear from you! To help fight spam, comment moderation has been set up for posts older than two days. Feel free to ask me questions or ask for recommendations!