63. Thank You, Sun. Douglas Florian. 2026. 40 pages. [Source: Library] [children's poetry, 4 stars]
First sentence: Thank you, sun. You give us light. You shine all day until the night. You warm our planet as you burn--and ask for nothing in return.
Premise/plot: Douglas Florian's newest poetry picture book is Thank You, Sun. It is a book celebrating nature. Each poem is illustrated by the author. The poems are accessible and lovely.
My thoughts: I don't always read poetry but when I do...it is usually Douglas Florian. I really love his poetry. I am SO thankful to have found his works. Do seek him out if you're looking to add poetry books to your classroom library or home library.
© 2026 Becky Laney of
Becky's Book Reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment
I'm always happy to hear from you! To help fight spam, comment moderation has been set up for posts older than two days. Feel free to ask me questions or ask for recommendations!