Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Century of Viewing, September


September I watched twenty-four things....but only two were five-star movies! I DID finish my Century of Viewing challenge!

My two five star movies were Beginning of the End and The Trespasser.

The four and four and half star movies I watched were:

• Leanne Season 2
• You Can’t Take It With You
• Our Dancing Daughters
• Zotz!
• Romy and Michele’s High School Reunion
• Project Hail Mary
• Return to Babylon

Since I've finished the century of viewing challenge, I thought I'd share some of my favorites from each decade. If last year's century of viewing challenge focused on SILENT movies particularly silent comedies. This year's challenge I watched a good many k-drama series.

1920s:

I gave three five-stars for this decade. Metropolis. The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. The Trespasser.

1930s:

I gave one five-star for this decade. Modern Times.

1940s:

I gave two five-stars for this decade. Dance, Girl, Dance. Du Barry Was a Lady.

1950s:

I gave nine five-stars for this decade: Sunset Boulevard. Limelight. Call Me Madam. War of the Worlds. You Can't Run Away From It. No Time for Sergeants. 4D Man. Invasion of the Body Snatchers. Incredible Shrinking Man.

1960s:

I gave three five-stars for this decade: Twilight Zone season 1. Music Man. If A Man Answers.

1970s

I gave two five-stars for this decade: Towering Inferno. The Sunshine Boys.

1980s

I gave six five-stars for this decade: Steel Magnolias. Overboard. Can't Buy Me Love. Clue. Back to the Future. Ivanhoe.

1990s

I gave twelve five-stars for this decade: What About Bob. Strictly Ballroom. Groundhog Day. Forrest Gump. While You Were Sleeping. Star Trek First Contact. You've Got Mail. Ever After. The Thirteenth Floor. Galaxy Quest. Frequency. Blast from the Past.

2000s

I gave six five-stars for this decade: Return to Me. Shrek. The Gospel of John. Bride and Prejudice. Shrek 2. Zathura.

2010s

I gave four five-stars for this decade: It's You I Like. Boss Baby. Lego Batman.

2020s

I gave five five-stars for this decade: The Moon. Strong Girl Nam-Soon. VHS Christmas Carols. Wonderfools. Teach You a Lesson.

© 2026 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm always happy to hear from you! To help fight spam, comment moderation has been set up for posts older than two days. Feel free to ask me questions or ask for recommendations!