7. New American Standard Bible Reference Edition. 1971. Lockman Foundation. 1730 pages. [Source: Bought]
8. New Marked Reference Bible (KJV). God. 1983. Zondervan. 1753 pages. [Source: Bought] Century of Viewing #39
2010s
- 2013-2014. Flip or Flop seasons one and two. I haven't added this to my spreadsheet. It feels so shallowly fluffy that it's not worth the add. Each episode is about twenty minutes. A couple buys houses to flip them. DRAMA happens each episode as problems with the house are found. Will they make money or will they lose money. I find myself yelling at them a LOT. But the show is strangely addictive precisely because it's not very intelligent.
2020s
- 2026. Project Hail Mary. I am glad I read the book first. I think it does help viewers make sense of the movie. The movie is definitely centered on one or two characters. And much of the 'story' is told through flashbacks. If you've read the book, you know everything and there isn't much of a reveal or surprise--for better or worse. But it also helps the film make sense. What I disliked most has nothing to do with the story or the acting--but the soundtrack. I'll clarify, the VOLUME or lack thereof of the soundtrack. If you turn it up so you can hear the dialogue, everything is way too loud. Not a loud that is easily tolerated. It isn't just a few scenes where it's too loud--like you'd expect in a science fiction movie or an action movie. But the score of the movie itself is overpowering. The score is good, mind you, but it doesn't have to be louder than the dialogue to move you. As for story, man wakes up alone on space ship....later he comes across another person alone on a space ship....they become friends and together save the universe. It is definitely all about the relationship between these two. It is EMOTIONAL in places.
© 2026 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments:
Post a Comment