Friday, November 25, 2016

Charity Reading Challenge 2017

Charity Reading Challenge
Host: Becky's Book Reviews (sign up here)
Duration: January-December 2017
# of books: You decide

Sign up by leaving a comment.

Read for a good cause! Buy books at a charity shop, or, even a friends of the library book sale, or, donate a certain percentage of money for each book you read for the challenge. You can choose your own goal of how many books to read, what charity you'll be donating money towards, how much money, etc. (For example, you might want to donate $1 for each paperback you read, or, $3 for every hardback you read. You can work out the details yourself.)

Rules:

  • Books and audio books, so long as purchased from a charity shop (or library book sale), count. E-books count if you donate a certain percentage of money to the charity of your choice. (You may read ANY book you choose if you donate your set amount.) Brand new books, old-and tattered out-of-print books. Both are welcome!
  • You do not need a blog to participate. You can comment on this post or any challenge-related post to update others on your progress. 
  • Any qualifying book finished in 2017 can count towards the challenge.
  • Books can be of any length and be written for any audience. This challenge does not exclude picture books. 
  • Qualifying books can be books you've intended to read for ages, or, impulse buys!(Who goes into a charity shop with a list?!)
  • No list is required, but, you can make one as you go if you like. The fun thing about this challenge is that everyone's list is going to be unique!
  • You may read for more than one charity if you like.


© 2016 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

8 comments:

Bev Hankins said...

I'm in for another round! It's been interesting tracking my charity book buying in 2016. Here's my sign-up for 2017: https://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2016/11/charity-reading-challenge.html

Anonymous said...

This is brilliant! I am proud to spread the word for this particular challenge. I purchase a lot of books from charity shops and donate almost everything that I read to them when I am finished. This is a great way to encourage more of that.

Angie said...

I'm in again! I am moving to goodreads only, so I made a "shelf" I will add books read to. I will be donating $1 per book read to an animal rescue (yet to be determined, as I have a few in mind) and also $1 per read to Ronald McDonald House (a place near and dear to me, having been a family that needed them 14 years ago). :)

Lois Tinúviel said...

In!
http://youmeandacupofteablog.blogspot.com/p/2017-reading-challenges.html

Michelle @ Fitkittymama Reads said...

I love this idea! I plan to donate $5 per book read in 2017 and to select a different charity to donate to each month. As my goal is to read an average of 5 books per month this year, I should be donating an average of $25 to each charity.

Melly Rose said...

Hi! I am donating $1 from each book I finish to the Indigenous Literacy Foundation here in Australia. I usually read around 100 books a year, so I feel that I will reach at least $100. If you'd like to follow my progress, please feel free to follow my page on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mellyscharityreadingchallenge/

Funkyfergie56 said...

Sounds like a great idea! I plan on donating £3 per book to the MS Society. Please follow my progress at: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/cferguson56

Bev Hankins said...

I've finished my commitment (https://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2017/05/challenge-complete-charity-reading.html). I'll still be logging the purchases I make at charity booksales and Friends of the Library booksales and will see how much I've donated by the end of the year. Thanks for sponsoring this again!